Veta Richardson, President and CEO of the Association of Corporate Counsel, thinks everyone deserves a hand up if they can find the humility to ask for it. That’s why she’s a champion for greater inclusion of women and people of multicultural backgrounds in the global marketplace.
Veta believes in the power of helping others, putting those values to paper in her best-selling book, Take Six: Essential Habits to Own Your Destiny, Overcome Challenges, and Unlock Opportunities.
Today, Veta and her team drive initiatives to empower underrepresented groups and give GCs and CLOs a voice in the C-suite.
Join us as we discuss:
- Helping organizations attract a more diverse workforce (3:42)
- Opening a direct line between in-house legal officers and CEOs (10:31)
- Mentoring young lawyers and clarifying career goals (13:39)
- Issues keeping the industry’s CLOs up at night (19:00)
Check out these resources we mentioned during the podcast:
- Association of Corporate Counsel
- Take Six: Essential Habits to Own Your Destiny, Overcome Challenges, and Unlock Opportunities
- Minority Corporate Counsel Association (MCCA)
Hear more stories by following Innovative Legal Leadership on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or any podcast platform.
Listening on a desktop & can’t see the links? Just search for Innovative Legal Leadership in your favorite podcast player.